What to check before submitting a ticket?
The following are the first steps you should try before contacting us REGARDLESS of the issue.
- Close down the QEST4 software, disconnect the USB cable, and turn the QEST4 off.
- Note: If the software is unresponsive – hold down keys CTRL- ALT-DEL to bring up task manager and close the program by selecting End task.
- Restart the QEST4 Software and reconnect the Qest4 cable, is the problem still present? If yes, close the software down once again and restart your computer.
- Once your computer has reloaded, ensure your QEST4 is switched on and connected to the computer. Restart the software once again, if the problem still persists then make a note of any error messages and note any unusual behavior within the software or evidence of any data loss.
- Check that you have installed the latest version of the QEST4 software. It is important to keep your software up to date, as some of the issues you are experiencing may have been fixed by updates issued by QEST4 Corp.
- Ensure your firewall/antivirus software is disabled, or that the QEST4 is allowed as an exception by your computer’s firewall when an QEST4 update is initiated. The firewall could disrupt the update’s installation and cause the software to malfunction.
- If you are experiencing A32 errors and your computer is running Windows 7, ensure your QEST4 is set to Run as Administrator. This can be carried out by right clicking on the QEST4 desktop icon and selecting ‘Run as administrator’. You can set this as the default setting via the Properties setting also accessed by right-clicking the icon.